The organizers of the 22nd International ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC'13) call for proposals for workshops to be held with HPDC'13. The workshops will be held on June 17-18, 2013.
Workshops should provide forums for discussion among researchers and practitioners on focused topics or emerging research areas relevant to the HPDC community. Organizers may structure workshops as they see fit, including invited talks, panel discussions, presentations of work in progress, fully peer-reviewed papers, or some combination. Workshops could be scheduled for half a day or a full day, depending on interest, space constraints, and organizer preference. Organizers should design workshops for approximately 20-40 participants, to balance impact and effective discussion.
Workshop proposals must be sent in PDF format to the HPDC'13 Workshops Chair, Abhishek Chandra (Email: chandra AT cs DOT umn DOT edu) with the subject line “HPDC 2013 Workshop Proposal”, and should include:
- The name and acronym of the workshop
- A description (0.5-1 page) of the theme of the workshop
- A description (one paragraph) of the relation between the theme of the workshop and of HPDC
- A list of topics of interest
- The names and affiliations of the workshop organizers, and if applicable, of a significant portion of the program committee
- A description of the expected structure of the workshop (papers, invited talks, panel discussions, etc.)
- Data about previous offerings of the workshop (if any), including the attendance, the numbers of papers or presentations submitted and accepted, and the links to the corresponding websites
- A publicity plan for attracting submissions and attendees. Please also include expected number of submissions, accepted papers, and attendees that you anticipate for a successful workshop.
Due to publication deadlines, workshops must operate within roughly the following timeline: papers due mid February (2-3 weeks after the HPDC deadline), and selected and sent to the publisher by mid April.
|Workshop Proposals Due:||November 1, 2012|
|Notifications:||November 7, 2012|
|Workshop CFPs Online and Distributed:||November 25, 2012|